antivirus question

Washington said:
Just want to mention that if you have two AntiVirus programs running at the same time you may well get conflicts between the two and also it may take a big hit on your CPU resources.

You could have two AntiVirus programs installed, but just have one running at a time. That way you could run full scans with both.

I would recommend just having the one and keep it up to date.
Yeah two anti virus runing in the background can slow down a lot so just get one and use Win XP firewall

if i where u i wouldn't mess around with 2 anit - virus programs...as i read this will kill your processor and screw up your computer.....i did have 2 anti viruses before i new this...and it eventually screwed my computer so much i needed new mother board and cpu....and it got to the point they each started deleting files that weren't viruses.......
now i just run the windows live on care..(which is a free beta)..and i find it works excellent...try it out...and so my final word is...i recommend not installing more then one antiv virus.

NeXuS said:
Yeah two anti virus runing in the background can slow down a lot so just get one and use Win XP firewall

Well I have no idea what kinda anti-virus software u use. But my AntiVir is currently using 0% of cpu and around 3,500 K memory, which is about 1/3 of what msn messenger uses.

And the WinXP firewall just ain't that good, no protection against programs accessing the internet from ur computer.

Back
Top Bottom