Car Upgrade Purpose

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
i really like cars and wanna restore a 1984 chevy k5 blazer. but when i add all these parts, how do i pass smog without replacing all the perf. parts back to stock parts? i cant really find any other info other than cars 67 and b4 don have to get it smogged. some 1 reply plz!

Computers: are eletroic devices which many poeple use each and everyday to pass time and do work
Cars: Mod of transpotion

Computer Forum: Where you talk about a eletroic device which poeple use each and everyday to pass time and do work, IDK if you'll get much help, but asking advice for c omputer forum isn't going get you as far as asking on a car forum.

i am talking about.....why do ppl upgrade exhaust , etc. if they cannot pass smog. is there a way to bypass the emissions testing

tehre are ways u can mod ur car and still pass emitions test just depends wat ur doin to ur car.

If you want to pass emissions you have to leave the original stuff on from the Catalytic converter up to the engine, IE: the catalytic converter and the EGR valve. If your looking to do exhaust do a cat back system, from the catalytic converter back. You can get high flow catalytic converters too if you want to go that route.

I don't know what state you live in or how they test for emissions, but here in the part of PA that I live in, it's just a visual, the parts just have to be there. If they hook your car up to a machine you'll have to have, say, smog legal headers and a catalytic converter to be able to pass emissions.

Back
Top Bottom