Lets see who has the

DEV! how do you take a screen shot on a mac? I've been looking around for ages and don't know how

Credit given to John123 he told me how

apple(alt)+shift+3

the screenshot appears on your desktop

http://northlite.50megs.com/ps/screenshot.htm said:
Taking Screenshots on the Mac
The Mac has a builtin screenshot capability. All you have to do is use these key combinations to take your screenshots and follow the directions above for Elements or Photoshop to open the screenshot in the program. These are for Panther as it is the only Mac OS I have experience with.

Capture the entire screen: Command-Shift-3
The entire screen, dock and all, will be captured as a PDF file called Picture1.PDF and placed on your desktop as soon as you press the key combination. If you have your sound turned up, you'll hear a camera shutter as the screen capture is made. This does not capture the cursor.

Capture a region of the screen: Command+Shift+4
The cursor will change to a crosshair cursor. Click and drag to capture the area you want. If you have your sound turned up, you'll hear a camera shutter as the screen capture is made. A PDF file will be placed on your desktop. This does not capture the cursor.

Capture a window or dialog box: Command+Shift+4+Spacebar
The cursor turns into a camera and highlights each dialog box or menu as you roll over it. When the one you want to capture is highlighted, click. If you have your sound turned up, you'll hear a camera shutter as the screen capture is made. The cursor will not be captured. A PDF file will be placed on your desktop.

Capture a region and send it straight to the clipboard
To take a screenshot that goes straight to the clipboard so you can paste it into a document, use Command+Control+Shift+4 and you'll get the crosshair cursor. Drag to define the screenshot area, and you'll hear the camera shutter sound, but softer this time. You can then paste this at the insertion point into a text document in Word or TextEdit with Command+V, or use the methods above to paste into Elements or Photoshop.

its as simple as a google search

I know a guy who could put that g5 harddrive to shame. But I haven't seen him in about a month. I'll have to ask him for a sceeny of his current computer.

Back
Top Bottom