MSN Messenger 7.5 Problems

G_Eaton

Solid State Member
Hello to the people of ComputerForums.

I've been experiencing a problem with my MSN Messenger 7.5 just recently in that it won't allow me to connect to the .NET Messenger Service. I type my sign-in name and password in then wait but it then comes up with the troubleshooter. I ran the troubleshooter and everything seems to be fine with green ticks next to it all.

Could anyone suggest as to what I do from here?

Thank you very much,
Geoff.

have you installed any new programs like firewalls?
i sometimes have this problem wether ive installed a new program or not. i find its usually because the messenger service is busy or is just being funny so i leave it for a while then it works. what error message do you get when it doesnt sign you in? usually it will say its your internet connection or something then it will offer the trouble shooter. so post back if youve installed any new programs, what internet connection you have and if its reliable and how long its being happening. could be spyware or something but i doubt it

I previously use to have an Anti-Spyware program called 'Microsoft Anti-Spyware' which is now called 'Windows Defender'. Since I've uninstalled that program, my MSN Messenger 7.5 hasn't let me sign-in to it. I now have Lavasoft's 'Ad-Aware SE Personal' which in my opinion is terrific. Though, I've scanned my whole system with Lavasoft and there doesn't seem to be a trace of spyware on my computer apart from cookies which I deleted.

My good friend suggested that I should uninstall Windows Messenger because he thinks that might be blocking me from connecting to my MSN Messenger 7.5.
------------
Many thanks on the advise,
Geoff.

windows messenger shouldnt be the problem. just disable it anyway from mscongif or however you want to disable it. disable windows defender and see if you can then login. if you can then you know that is your problem and you can change soem options in it

I have known of some problems being that the Time/Date has been wrong. Double click on the clock and select internet time, then press syncronise. then try and log in to MSN.

I have just double clicked on the time, selected my time zone and synchronized. I then rebooted my computer and loaded up MSN Messenger 7.5 but it's still not letting me in. Oh and dude1234, I don't have Windows Defender, I uninstalled it.

Before synchronized time, I went to Control Panel > Add Or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components and Windows Messenger doesn't seem to be there.

Are there any other solutions?

Thanks for your replies guys, they mean a lot to me. :D
Geoff.

type run>msconfig>services>(then find and untick the item "messenger" is it isnt already"). that will dible windows messenger.
i cant think of what else could be wrong. i would try a re install of msn.
what is the exact error you get?

dude1234: I open up MSN Messenger 7.5 and type in my details then hit the 'sign-in' button and wait but then comes up the troubleshooter which I run and everything seems to be fine. Everytime I run MSN Messenger 7.5, it does this.

There will be an error number at the buttom E.G 1X820E0x or something like that. What is it?

Back
Top Bottom