Guess this explains why I haven't been able to register windows.

The process is pretty simple and fast.. I do it anyway to save trouble. The longest I've ever spent on the phone with them over this is about 4-5 minutes.

Bahawolf said:
The process is pretty simple and fast.. I do it anyway to save trouble. The longest I've ever spent on the phone with them over this is about 4-5 minutes.

i dont understand why i should have to call every freaking time i reinstall windows even thought it's MINE.

I think its their attempt to cut down on the piracy of Microsoft products, where people either distribute their products, or crack it.

HDD Imaging software works, once you have formatted and reinstalled all your software and updates image the drive or alternately there is the directory you can save that contains the registration data, I don't remember the exact location right now (google is your friend) but it does work.

Basically I haven't had to activate online since the first time :)

Bahawolf said:
Thats true, but how long will the phone queus be when everyone has to phone to activate?

also what of countries such as iceland that don't have an MS toll free number when they are asked to activate?

why should they pay to buy a license to use the software, and then pay to be able to use the license as well?

Back
Top Bottom