ps3

i have just recently read a thingy online that confirms that the ps3 will cost ~600 usd. this makes me sad :(

ill be getting a ps3 about 6 months after it comes out i think... dont have a console at the moment...

Have any of you guys compared the specs? The PS3 is almost identical to the Xbox 360. The biggest difference is the PS3 uses Blu-Ray disks and one of the two has more cache(I'm thinking it was the 360...) Otherwise, from the specs I've ready, their pretty evenly matched. I guess the real difference will be who has the best games :p

i honestly dont care about the specs, just because one can do one thing slightly different, or has slightly better specs i wont buy it, with the TV ill be using to play it on i wont be able to notice the differences...

The_Other_One said:
Have any of you guys compared the specs? The PS3 is almost identical to the Xbox 360. The biggest difference is the PS3 uses Blu-Ray disks and one of the two has more cache(I'm thinking it was the 360...) Otherwise, from the specs I've ready, their pretty evenly matched. I guess the real difference will be who has the best games :p

Yup. If you compare specs to specs and how each console runs, they are actually VERY similar to one another. Blu-Ray is expensive. Don't be too suprised to see games and movies in Blu-Ray get a 20%-ish increase in price. Until Blu-Ray becomes widespread and cheaper, it'll remain a niche product. HD-DVD is just more consumer-friendly, which attracts more consumers usually. There's also been some debate over the PS3's hard drive too. While it's been confirmed that the PS3 will be running Linux, it's also been confirmed that ALL PS3 games will require the hard drive to run. Remember a while back when Ken Kutaragi confirmed that the PS3 hard drive was going to be seperate? So the real question is whether Ken Kutaragi is a overhyping liar or he just wants everyone's money. He also hyped that the PS3 will have a 100gb hard drive, but it was recently confirmed that it's 60gb instead. Hmmm...overhyping again? Doesn't suprise me...Sony is again continuing that vicious cycle where they always play as their infamous role: The King of Hype.

In the end, it will be down to which has better multimedia capabilites and compatability, and games.

Revolution > all.

Not only is it going to be cheap, it will play tons of old Nintendo games. Excitebike, Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid, and Ocarina of Time all on one console? For lack of a better term: pure ownage.

Yeah, athough I'm not a great fan of the Revolution's controller, it has great backwards compatability support and is VERY consumer friendly, not to mention family friendly. :p

Back
Top Bottom