Counter Strike 1.6 error

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
Ok heh I'm not quite sure this was the best forum to put it in, but everything else has failed (xbox forums, CS forums, and some other forums I dont want to name). Ok so heres my problem. When I boot up CS everything looks cool but when I go to join an "internet" server it gives me a Class C restriction error. I have no idea what to do. The faq on the cs website said something about liblist.gam and svonly and sv_lan but I didnt get it so I am here.

Hmm.... the whole sv_lan thing is todo with Dedicate Server, sv_lan 1 = Lan server. SV_LAN 0 = Internet server (As far as i know), and SVONLY sounds like "Server Only" to me. Allthough i dont have CS 1.6, i have CS:S. If there is a Console in CS 1.6, try typoing sv_lan 0... Maybe it will help? Does this happen on All servers? (Also, i think this belongs in the General Section?)

Wow um I think I bought the wrong one then. Well since I bought it I might as well see if it works. Someone said to try that in the console, but I have no clue what console everyone is talking about!!! Could you tell me where this console is?

GreatHype said:
Ok heh I'm not quite sure this was the best forum to put it in, but everything else has failed (xbox forums, CS forums, and some other forums I dont want to name). Ok so heres my problem. When I boot up CS everything looks cool but when I go to join an "internet" server it gives me a Class C restriction error. I have no idea what to do. The faq on the cs website said something about liblist.gam and svonly and sv_lan but I didnt get it so I am here.

Would you be this guy that I always tell to stfu in the OTF on the cs forums?
http://www.forumplanet.com/counterstrike/user.asp?gid=68659954&mid=2505416

No, I don't know the answer to your question. You better notscrew up these forums and turn them into the OTF.

Thats very strange. The class C resctriction error is only supposed to be given when you attempt to join a server that is set to lan only (or sv_lan 1 for the literate). Are you using a legit version of cs 1.6 using REAL steam?.. I recall trying to use a steamless version of 1.6 about a year ago that would give the class C restriction error everytime I joined a server.. I eventually gave up trying to get it to work and bought cs 1.6 (best damn $15 evar.)

Lol I got it fixed. I just had to delete the steamapps folder so when I start up CS with steam they would be restored as default. And I am using a legit version. And I wont turn this into OTF I'm not a demon seed.

Back
Top Bottom