Desktop Icons Gone and computer not working???

Lets try not to confuse the guy, here. Look do this... if you can, run system restore. Pick a restore point from an earlier time before your comp was messed up. After running system restore, download the anti-virus and anti-spyware programs I and Bahawolf have mentioned. Run a scan and it should detect any viruses or spyware that caused this weird thing to happen. And one last thing, dont try to short out on the process by not downloading the programs. If your problem is resolved by using system restore, you should still install the anti-virus/anti-spyware programs because the junk that messed up your computer may still be there on your computer. Good luck!

Yeah a system restore does seem like a good idea, I'm going to back up these people on this idea too, I would probably do the same thing or in my case I get stressed with my pc and start punching walls shouting at it lmao, then I just get soo pissed I format the bugger. hehehe

i know his internet isnt working but if he does a restore then it will work if it was working a few days before

Not nescessarally, if its a virus that closes all the ports or locks his IP, or messes with the NIC/Wireless NIC card, then he will have the same problem because system restore does not get rid of the files you had after the original date.

im sure it got rid of the files for me when i tried it last week on another pc. i changed a few things and added some folders and files and the restore removed them but you might be right as the virus may have already got so far in the system it cannot be reversed without being removed

Back
Top Bottom