New PC....looking for good gaming build

jcon891

Daemon Poster
I am looking for the basic parts to get a PC working... I am looking for an exceptional gaming build (can play BF2, WoW, CS:S, HL2)

My budget is about $900 USD (can vary in price a bit).

I'm not that great with finding compatible parts so I'm asking you guys to help me out with it. please post a PSU, CPU, Vid card, Mobo, Ram (looking for 1 gig), and anything else i will absolutely need to start this computer up. Looking for ATX parts.

This is just a copy and paste from my flyer that I give customers to see what I offer. Basically you could simply get a bigger video card like a 6800 GT or somthing and that'll be your 900 there. If you got a few extra bucks save it.

EPoX EP-9NPAJ Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $79.00

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz HT Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BPBOX - Retail $201.00

MSI NX6600-TD128E Lite Geforce 6600 128MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail 78.99

GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model GE1GB3200BDC - Retail $67.79

BenQ Beige IDE 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model 5X DVD-RAM Write DQ60 BG - OEM $35.99

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JBRTL 200GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - Retail $79.99

HIPRO HP-E4009F5WR ATX V2.0 True 400W Power Supply - OEM 28.99

625 Parts
62 Labor
50 Shipping
737.50 everything

joxley1990 said:

I really like this build, but i was thinking.. do i absolutely need that video card..X2 to play the latest games? If i cut that down to x1 i think i would be in better shape pricewise. then i could afford a nice case.

Performance over looks, The 2x video cards will let you play all the games you want and on max res. Also getting 2x video cars is like future proofing your computers, because sooner or later sli and crossfire will become like a standard just like 1gb.

Dev0115 said:
Performance over looks, The 2x video cards will let you play all the games you want and on max res. Also getting 2x video cars is like future proofing your computers, because sooner or later sli and crossfire will become like a standard just like 1gb.

ok, well i like the idea of future proofing my comp but considering the price of getting 2... i might just leave 1 out for a couple months.

and i think for my budget, $160 for a motherboard might be a little bit high.. can you reccomend something in the $120 range.. (take or give a little)

jcon89 said:
I really like this build, but i was thinking.. do i absolutely need that video card..X2 to play the latest games? If i cut that down to x1 i think i would be in better shape pricewise. then i could afford a nice case.

You could yeah, however, I assure you, that you will only upgrade in the future. X2 will play the games nicely, on max settings.

It would be better in the longrun for you.

yea i decided that i will get a cheaper mobo (like $100-$140) and get the 1 video card, until i have enough money to get the 2nd one. I like the idea of being safer in the future, since SLi is probably (like dev said) going to be standard soon.... So basically anything that i can downgrade safely on that list you gave me, i will

what about
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128301
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131524
for my mobo?

Oh and can anyone find me a case, that has a side window and is around $50.. all of the ones im looking at arent really what im looking for.. after reading some reviews.

Back
Top Bottom