outside access to computer

wpshooter

Beta member
If I have, for instance, personal financial information stored on my computer and I have my computer on-line, do I have to worry about any outside parties including Microsoft having the ability to access my personal information from my computer.

If so, how can I make it so this information is completely safe (other than not having the computer on-line) or is this possible ?

Thanks.

Completely, no. Offline would be the only complete way to keep the information on it safe, that and inside a vault with a combination and a key. You need a router, and then possibly a good hardware firewall, as well as a good software firewall. That would be three layers of defense, if you're really worried. The router and software firewall should be ok. Keep in mind that although it seems likely someone is going to hack your computer, the chances of it happening to you are about the same as getting struck by lightening. Not unless you have made your "computer" friends mad at you- then you may have more to worry about...

i was just about to say a usb drive. much easier to copy and delete data, is much smaller, and you can carry it around with you.

Back
Top Bottom