Overheating - System

lhuser

Golden Master
Again, Unreal II froze, but when I decided to look at the system temps, the CPU showed 65C, which is normal after games, but the system went sky high to 46-50C....Usually, normal PCs would hang around 38-40C....What is overheating in there? It can't be the CPU...and if my GFX overheats with the fan instead of the plain chunk of metal that was in there before, then there's problems...

What's wrong?

i have a P4 3.00 ghz and it stays at about 49c most of the time, even on games. what processor do you have?

I've noticed something with my machine , when I shut my pc down so it's fully cold and stuff I try playing the sims 2 and it runs all smooth and stuff then when my pc starts to get hot the sims 2 starts to go all stuttery and stuff, is this because of that reason or do I need to start trying to cool my system down??

Hi Guys i got the same problem with my p4 3.0 ghz machine my normal runing temp was about 40-43c Now for some reason im up 10c doing the same stuff. And when i play a game or something it then jumps up to over 65c. Im not really sure but would it be from alot of dust building up inside..?? Cheers

u guys should try reapplying some thermal compund because i think after a while ur thermal compund or pad starts loosing its heat conductivity power. my thermal compound was burning in my pc so when i took it apart it was white but started turning crusty and yellow which was the cause of my bad temps. all fixed now though.

I just replaced it a week ago...now I'm out of it. And the CPU isn't he problem...it would have been to 77C easily.

hows the air flow? With everything stressed, it can raise temps pretty high. Your GPU (depending on which one) will put out the most heat. Then your cpu. When the air around the cpu gets pushed away, it needs to go somewhere or it will heat up your case. If your system temps are high, you need fans that push more CFM or more fans.

Hey guys is it easy to put in some new thermal compund Ive never done it. I would say it my problem i Have 6 fans in my pc and my CPU still gets hot .. Is there anything i should know before hand. a link would be Great Thanks Guys.

Yes it is. All you do is to put termal paster on the CPU

And back to topic, I have two fans in it. One in front that blows in, the other blows out.

I have extra space for two more, but since I don't have two, I ducted taped it as Seti told me to do.

Back
Top Bottom