Frist Build: No monitor signal??

Yeah, its from my dads computer. Im just wondering if the div to vga converter might have something to do with it, I dont have any DVI monitors though...

make sure the graphics card fan is goin round coz wen i bulit my pc, i didnt get a video signal and i saw that the fan wasnt goin round and i had 2 get a new graphics card.

the monitor is plugged into the videocard right? and not the mobo? sounds stupid, but just thought i'd ask.

i would try another graphics card in there, if you do and u still have the same problem, i have no idea wot it could be

The ram slot wouldnt have any affect would it? (ive tried different slots). Also, when I was installing the CPU fan, that thing was harder than a mother to get on there (took a lot of pressure), and for some reason the lock wouldnt go down (this is on the stock HEAT SINK, on the CPU LOCK), is there anything that could have gone wrong there? The CPU itself went in and locked smoothly.

It might be the converter like you say. Are you using one that came with the graphics card? Do you have another monitor to try? It could also be a faulty graphics card. What card are you using and does it have two DVI outputs? If it has two, did you make sure to try both?

I would rule out the CPU, I doubt your problem is CPU related.

im starting to thing that the board might not support dual core (even though the box clearly states it does). Im using the Athlon X2 3800, with the Asus A8N-Sli premium. Im gonna try the video card on a different computer and see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom