PCI Vid vs. onboard

dmb51599

In Runtime
My gf has a Dell (YUCK) with on board video (64mb) and is going to need more.... there is no AGP slot only PCI. Would a 128mb PCI card make a big difference in the video?? I know PCI is old and crappy but its the only option. THANKS!

i have a dell dimension 3000 pentium 4 at 3 GHz and 512mb ram....the motherboard only has pci slots in it. i recently upgraded from the intel integrated graphics to the best pci card this box will accept which is the nvidia FX5500 with 256mb of ram and i really haven't noticed any difference in everyday websurfing and how my digital photos look and video looks.....maybe you would see a difference if trying to play some games, but i don't have any so i can't tell you about that. i don't know if i would spend the money again on a pci card....maybe just save up and buy a new computer when you can with a pci-express card in it and maybe even a 64 bit processor and 1gb of ram so then you'll be all set for vista when it comes out.

Well, you only get a video card for gaming. Integrated is perfectly fine for playing dvds and looking at pictures..A video card doesnt and shoulndt really effect your websurfing anyhow, that all goes upon your isp, ram, cpu. For gaming on the other hand it should make a difference

Back
Top Bottom