Brain Laps What Key Do I Press To Boot From Cd

actully shouldnt there b a key to press to make it boot from the cd im trying to boot from windows home cd to reformat my comp. I would also like to delete the partion. Does anyone recommend killdisk?, to delete the partion.

I always thought it was F8. Then it gives you the option of booting from a CD or not. I think that's the one, but i could be mistaken.

~K-Pow~ said:
I always thought it was F8. Then it gives you the option of booting from a CD or not. I think that's the one, but i could be mistaken.

I'm quite sure that F8 gives u the options to boot in safe mode, vga mode etc.
But to boot from the cd u need to go to bios and change the boot priority.

And for the partitions u can just delete it after booting from the cd, when reinstalling it comes to a part where it shows the partitions and asks to which one u want to install windows. Then just delete the partition u don't want there and make a new one.

yea as said it's the boot priority and then it'll ask you to press any key to boot from cd if your windows disk is in. although bahawolf i've never herd of F8 taking you to bios, most common ones i've seen are F1, F2, and del. eather way though F8 also does not give you the option to boot from cd like mammikoura said. u can also do the last good configuration thing in F8 as well though, just 2 add that tidbit :) glad you got your question answered nick_w

From the computers I own f8 works on some and some it doesnt, boot priority is a whole lot easier, and you don't have the chance to miss the correct time to smack a key... Saves you a whole ctrl-alt-delete-athon.

Ahh, sorry.. I thought I remembered using F8 on some computer for BIOS.. :p

It might tell you upon the boot though..
"... for Setup"
"DEL for Setup" for example.

If you have trouble changing it in BIOS, just let us know. ;)

Sorry about the misinformation guys. The BIOS is the correct way to go about booting from a CD-ROM

Back
Top Bottom