Driver help!

cookie123

Beta member
This is my first time here so if this is in the wrong place sorry.

REcently i went to put a game in my computer drive. And it didnt read it so i went to my computer etc etc and clicked it there. and it said the disk was not formatted and may be corrupt. so i tried it i n the bottom drive and it still didnt work. i know nothing about computers. so please help me. what could be wrong?

First of all, I can understand you're new to computers but your being kind of vague and its hard to understand what you're saying. Second, are you talking about your hard drive not being formatted, or your cd drive not being able to read the disc. Usually when you put a disc in the cd drive, it automatically reads the disc and will give you a menu of things you want the computer to do. Just try putting the disc again, and going to my computer.. and clicking on either the d or e drive. It should have a picture of a cd-drive. Good luck!

Ive had this same problem, try other disks, and if none of them work. You could try to take the unplug the drive from the mobo, and plug it back in, that worked for me.

its the cd drive, and going to my computer doesnt work heres a picture of what happens when i click on it, sorry if photobucket resized it.:

hhfh.jpg

EDIT: dang photobucket resized it.

Data might be becoming corrupted on the transfer between the drive and the motherboard. If reseating the cable doesn't work, then try replacing the IDE cable as the first step.

If that doesn't work, try swapping out the drive.

If this doesn't work, it might be a problem with your motherboard.

burton_o6 said:
Ive had this same problem, try other disks, and if none of them work. You could try to take the unplug the drive from the mobo, and plug it back in, that worked for me.

lol

cookie123 said:
i know nothing about computers.
i doubt he has any idea what your talking about

Ahh, I see..

hd_Close-up%20of%20IDE%20drive%20and%20ribbon%20cable.jpg

Pay attention to the '40 pin cable'. That is the IDE cable I spoke of.

I apologize if I confused you; if you need further help, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Back
Top Bottom