Sorry...

It was more so a brute force attack, which is cracking (at least from what it seems).

Either way, things have been fixed and I don't see any more problems soon.

geek_gal said:
No, dont do that, instant msg'n the mods if spamming or something else CF related.... you'll get told to "get a life" :rolleyes: .......

If you find something going wrong with the forums then it might be better to use the report post button, when you report a post it sends an email to all the moderators,
Some of the moderators hide their online status so it looks as though there are no moderators here...

In anycase, if you message me to tell me about a spammer, I will come and deal with it, assuming,
A), I get the message,
and
B) I have time to deal with it,

ignoring people messages usually means that one or the other of the critera above hasn't been met...

Well good to see that it was taken care of, yeah the bad report post works great to get a quick message to all the mods..

MarxSoccer said:
Where/how does it show up when you report a post?
Each one reported generates an email which is sent to all mods, & states " if there are no mods available, the Administrator will be informed" or words to that effect.
The system of reported posts is vital to the smooth running of this site, you are our eyes & ears.
Only mods can access these reports, mods can see who made the report, but be assured, mods do not tell the offender who he or she is.
Many members use this facility, yesterday, a member who had only joined CF the week before, made a report that resulted in a potentially nasty situation from developing, so, keep those reports coming in!

Some of the moderators hide their on-line status
What do you mean, root, you think they deliberately do this?, why?, so they don't have to get involved, or you just assuming that they "hide" their status, I would like you to explain on behalf of all CF mods, the reasoning behind this statement.
Don't tell me I'm over reacting again, it won't wash this time, you didn't say "some of the moderators may hide thir on-line status.

Brookfield said:
What do you mean, root, you think they deliberately do this?, why?, so they don't have to get involved, or you just assuming that they "hide" their status, I would like you to explain on behalf of all CF mods, the reasoning behind this statement.
Don't tell me I'm over reacting again, it won't wash this time, you didn't say "some of the moderators may hide thir on-line status.

no they hide there online status to make spammers think that there not there then when a spammer posts boom fast like lightning thay're banned

Hackslayer said:
no they hide there online status to make spammers think that there not there then when a spammer posts boom fast like lightning thay're banned

That's retarded. Why would you make CF look inviting to spammers??? Makes no sense.

Hackslayer said:
Thats the treatment they from me anyway, I think it's safe to say that we are all fed up of these little horrors nipping in to do their worst.

Er, it's two days now, & still no response from root, re the comments I made to him, hmm...........

Back
Top Bottom