official (anandtech) am2 benchmarks

well i bet it ocs like crazy.... i mean, the lowest one only produces 35watts of heat so... maybe theyll be the first to hit 4ghz?

AMD never once said that the performance advantage would be huge. In fact, for the longest time they admitted that their results were showing no performance gains. It was only until a little recently that they made a few changes and started seeing better results compared to the socket 939. I trust AMD will come up with something. Gaming processors is their business and they will deliver. This step was merely to introduce DDR2, now they can focus on what advantages that provides to come up with something really great!

Well as the article says, when Intel first implemented DDR2, there was not that great of a performance boost. Maybe, the same thing is happening with the AM2. Hopefully over the next two months, AMD finalizes this chip, and we will see some great results, otherwise everyone will be moving to the Conroe.. :)

PerfectSK said:
Well as the article says, when Intel first implemented DDR2, there was not that great of a performance boost. Maybe, the same thing is happening with the AM2. Hopefully over the next two months, AMD finalizes this chip, and we will see some great results, otherwise everyone will be moving to the Conroe.. :)
Well, if AM2 doesn't work out, I'll probally still remain with AMD for my gaming machines simply because I prefer AMD for gaming purposes. I'm an AMD fan myself, but I have used Intel before and Intel has in fact gained some wonderful accomplishments themselves (Conroe certainly being one).

Hopefully, in the time they have left before their release, they will make new accomplishments in technology at least coming even with the Conroe, if not exceeding it in some way.

The fact is that we need to focus on improving, and in the process we may go backwards (mistakes happen), but after doing so, we'll make strong struts forwards in the right path.

Bahawolf said:
Well, if AM2 doesn't work out, I'll probally still remain with AMD for my gaming machines simply because I prefer AMD for gaming purposes. I'm an AMD fan myself, but I have used Intel before and Intel has in fact gained some wonderful accomplishments themselves (Conroe certainly being one).

Hopefully, in the time they have left before their release, they will make new accomplishments in technology at least coming even with the Conroe, if not exceeding it in some way.

The fact is that we need to focus on improving, and in the process we may go backwards (mistakes happen), but after doing so, we'll make strong struts forwards in the right path.

Well said, :D.

Back
Top Bottom