always on

jskam

Solid State Member
i have a Celeron 1GHZ (tualatin support) with 128 MB of sdram , an intel 810 motherboard and a seagate 40gb harddisk. I use windows xp pro with sp2, Vector Lunix, windows 98. I have not been able to completely shut down my computer for the past few weeks. When i select try to shut down, windows shuts down but my PC(CPU) does not power down.
Until the message "windows is shutting down" things are fine, after that, the message "it is now safe to turn off the computer" is not displayed, followed by, the monitor shuts down BUT THE CPU(PC) remains on with the PROCESSING LED blinking always

Is there any way to shut down my pc properly?

I dont have APM in my bios settings!
i have AT power supply!

hmm intresting, as long was Windows logs off there should be no problems and you will be ok to turn it off without loss of data ... i am unsure how to fix this as i have never had the problem my self.

FLIP THE FUSE! RIP OUT YOUR FUSE BOX! PULL THE ELETRICAL WIRE FROM YOUR HOUSE!

sometimes, windows installs updates and then when you turn it off, it takes a while. Took mine on time like 45 minutes to turn off after i updated. after that it worked fine.

i also have the same problem.....actually i asked a professional...its not actually a problem....just switch off the power supply once ur monitor turns off

Wow that is the weirdest problem, maby something with the mobo drivers like Seti said.

Back
Top Bottom