CAT5e patch cable lengtheners?

danagol

Baseband Member
is there a small socket typr product, that has 2 network sockets in it and can be used to lenghthen a CAT5e patch cable?

i know what it is i am looking for now: i need a few CAT5e patch cable female to female blocks. but can anyone tell me where i can find one of these?
many thanks
dan

Maybe your local computer hardware shop, or you can shop online.

I'm sure there are many ways of getting hold of a CAT5e cable.

Doesnt look to great, but i guess it will do the Job, oh, and i think they took it off iwoot.com (100th Post :) Yay, i am not a Junior anymore!)

one thing you need to relize the longer strech of cable you use. The more noise it will pick up. Then you have problems with disconnects, and slow speeds.

If you start to experience these probelms if you connect long streches of cable. the 1st point you look at is the coupler.. Make sure no dust is in there.. If the connections are a bit loose you will get a micro corrosion. Take a pencil eraser and "erase" the pins in the coupler. This will clean it out.

I'm not sure how far you are streaching, but like 2 50 foot cables you may not notice any differenct.

You won't notice a difference unless it's like 200ft or something, i was looking for that thing awhile ago, thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom