Guide: Installing Mac OS X on your PC

Cool. Nice guide, could use a little grammatical editing here and there, but very nice. :) When I get a new computer, or get a old one in my hands, I'll try it out. :D

john123 said:
yeah, i thought so. the 3000+ WILL work, but alot of things in the lappy will not, like 3d acceleration and dvd-watching. but why not try wit your pc?

i think i will, i was just wonderin :D

to bad their isnt a way to download it and then install to my external hd and then dual boot between mac and windows that would be sweet! i understand its an iso would their be any way to convert it from iso to .exe? prob not right

exe? wtf. why would you want to do that? you can install it to your external and setup a dual boot with acronis disk director suite...

This is the closest i could find to your computer. it gives you an idea of what works...

IBM ThinkPad R40 Model 2681-CU1

Pentium 4-M 1.8GHZ, 1GB RAM, 20GB HD
Audio working great, Keyboard gave message that was not found at first boot, but it actually works, ATI Radeon Mobilty (7000 ?) 16MB ID'd as 128MB, no CORE but every efect works.. Intel 2100 802.11b not working, but 10/100 works fine, haven't tested the modem yet.
mouse does not work

and after i tested this os, if installation fails during the extension part, then update your cd/dvd drive firmware. i dual boot excellent with xp and mac..by using acronics disk driector os selector. it runs very fast!!!this is a must have very stable os, thanks john for helping us all out!

edit: oh and for the video card, i get only 1024 X 648.

Back
Top Bottom