Stupid article in the newspaper

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
Well the other day (sunday) there was a stupid article, in my opinion, about myspace in my local newspaper. It was talking about how myspace isnt safe and things like that. Well its safe if people set there profiles to private right?

Then it was talking about how people were getting in trouble because they would have pictures of themselves drinking alcohol or smoking pot. Well I think that if they are stupid enough to post pictures like that then they deserbe to get in trouble.

Anyways one thing that I though was really stupid is that they had a little seperate column called "Snooping Made Easy" Basically it told parents how to go make an account then go search for their kids to see what they are doing on myspace.

I dont know I think its stupid how people are becoming so obessed/parnoid over it.

What are your thoughts on the safety of myspace and crap like that?

Here is the deal with that over here.

Two people have been killed, and one girl raped, because they met on myspace, and went out to meet in real life. But they obviously wernt using their head.

Paradnoid, yes? Overly paranoied, not really. I mean, im 15, about 6ft tall. Who in their right mind would mess with me?

Although, like.. my best friend Katie. Shes like 14, 8th grade. 5' 4''. She could be a possible target.

I personally think that myspace, and all other internet sites like it (ex. tagged.com) should be taken down. We chat enough on aim and msn. We dont need a page that has our age, location, and pictures of us.

I do have a myspace. But the reason I have it, is that its the only way I can communicate with one of my cousins down.. Well wherever in the hell she is right now.

The Amish Kid said:
Well the other day (sunday) there was a stupid article, in my opinion, about myspace in my local newspaper. It was talking about how myspace isnt safe and things like that. Well its safe if people set there profiles to private right?

Then it was talking about how people were getting in trouble because they would have pictures of themselves drinking alcohol or smoking pot. Well I think that if they are stupid enough to post pictures like that then they deserbe to get in trouble.

Anyways one thing that I though was really stupid is that they had a little seperate column called "Snooping Made Easy" Basically it told parents how to go make an account then go search for their kids to see what they are doing on myspace.

I dont know I think its stupid how people are becoming so obessed/parnoid over it.

What are your thoughts on the safety of myspace and crap like that?

I'm not a parent or anything, but I'd think it'd be a better parenting method to speak to your children about your concerns, than snooping on their myspace / reading conversations.

Teenagers act very differently around their friends than their parents and its ussually part of the maturing process. To force yourself into their privacy like that, ussually causes more rebellious activity.

Although, I do agree.. if you post a picture of you doing something illigeal, you have no common sense what so ever. Thats like robbing a bank, and leaving a mugshot of you, and a picture of you doing it, at the scene (hypothetical, of course).

If you choose to do illigeal activity, and you do that.. you deserve to be caught.

i think its slightly hippocritical

i mean, ther sayin ohmigosh, people could see your profile!!! then rape you!!!
we better make accounts so we ourselves can spy on our children!!!

I think its better to have precautions. And sk8, your being to simple minded about the whole thing, lol :D

Well, If your under 14 I think its required to have it on private, But still shows Age, Main Image, General Location

I think It should be anyone under 16 has a private one where it doesnt display anything but the display name, age, and maybe gender. As much as people say it is, places like myspace should not be used for meeting people. It should only be for people you know in my opinion.

I agree about that.. I didn't realize how many people got hurt really because they went and met these people..

I forgot to mention, one my friends is being stalked by someone and it originated from Myspace. Shes seeking help from the police now, I think, so things should be okay.. but people are sick in the head and use these kinds of sites for abusive purposes.

lmao, I haven't seen that before. Priceless.

I woulda gone with the sister too though btw XD

Back
Top Bottom