New Build Tomorrow, Help!!!

Memphis`

In Runtime
Getting my new PC tomorrow, its an SFF, pretty expensive as well, costing about £1300 in total.
The only problem is I've ordered all the parts seperately to save money but I've never put a computer together before.
I know roughly what to do but im abit concerned with the power supply and plugging everything in properly as i dont want to blow all my nice new components up!
Can anyone give me any help as to how to put it together safely and explain what i should do after that to get it up and running?

Specification is:

AMD X2 4400+
Asus A8N-VM CSM Micro ATX Motherboard
Antec NeoHe 500W Modular PSU
2 gig OCZ PC3200 Platinum Series RAM
WD 200GB HD
LG DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
XFX GeForce 7900 GTX Extreme Edition 512MB GPU
SilverStone Sugo Evolution

Any help would be very helpful, Thanks.

the only part i found hard was the CPU and all the little connection on the motherbaord 4 the sound and stuff, all the info ya need should be in the manual of the motherboard

Yeah, read the manuals for everything first. Its quite easy to do, remember to earth yourself!

AMD X2 4400+
Asus A8N-VM CSM Micro ATX Motherboard
Antec NeoHe 500W Modular PSU
2 gig OCZ PC3200 Platinum Series RAM
WD 200GB HD
LG DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
XFX GeForce 7900 GTX Extreme Edition 512MB GPU
SilverStone Sugo Evolution

That's a nice system. I agree with the others, ground yourself, basicly, don't build this sweet pc on a rug. Try to build it on a surface made of tile, wood, or even concrete. Rug conducts static electricity.

static electricity + Expensive Computer Parts = :( {Pile of fried Parts}

Just be careful and if you run into a problem don't be scared to ask people on this forum they are very helpful and intelligent and will give you a response post haste.

DOUBLe, TRIPLE CHECK EVERYTHING. I suggest having a experienced person help you with the builid. They may see somthing you didn't and show you. And if you went retail which yous hould of on your first build you'll up instructions like crazy. Hardest and eastier part to misss up on is the CPU. And thats not extermely hard. Remember HEATSKIN, AND FAN. I hope you went retail as well so you get a heatskin and fan along wiht it..

I'd suggest buying a anti-static wrist wrap to protect from static electricity while working inside your comp. Make sure you dont touch the connectors of your ram, graphics card, etc. Make sure all the cables are connected and secure. Make sure you have an OS too, I didnt see it listed in your list of parts. Good Luck, building!

Yeh ive got XP as my os. Don't have time to get an antistatic wrist wrap though, how would i go about grounding myself well? Ive heard radiators are a good thing to use but how would i attach myself to the radiator?

Ive got the retail heatsink and fan with the cpu so no problems there.

So basically follow the manuals that come with the parts and i should be fine?

£1300?? thats good! what's that like $1600 here?? those are some awesome specs! whered you order from?

Back
Top Bottom