=(...

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
I'm so upset…. All my work for nothing!

At uni for part of my Economics degree we have a subject called Project Management. We had a big big assignment to do for that class and in each tutorial the teacher wuld take our work, save it on a network drive. She does this so she can monitor our work progress.

A guy in my tutorial, went to the network drive, stole my work and handed it in without me knowing obviously, so when I went to hand mine up, I got accused for plagiarism. My uni lecturers don't want to know the story, I got bumped down from a mark of 9.5/10 to a 5/10... All my work for nothing!

All my previous marks for this subject have been excellent, so I don't understand why they think I copied his and he didn't copy mine!

Meh.. things aren't going to well for me atm, thought id just get this out of my head… and I know you guys are good people I can talk to! So thanks for reading..

Natalya
xoxo

Sorry to hear about that Natalya, some people will just do anything no matter who it hurts.

Do you have a copy of your work on your own computer or anything like that an original design plan, or something which can show that it is actually your work. If you do and they still refuse to listen take it up through the official complaints procedure.

I wouldn't put up with this. I'd get him kicked out of uni for somthing like this. I'd prove to your teacher that its yours. Put so much work in your investiagtion it wouldn't be worth to prove that its yours. Have her quiz you over the assigmnet he turned in. Do what you need to do to prove that IT IS YOURS AND NOTS HIS. And watch how much trouble he gets in. I had a kid do this to me in 8th grade. I took him infront of the teacher and said if you did that report let her quiz you over it. WEll he failed horribly. Me since I had done the work and knew it like the back of my hand i was able to pass it. He then got in serious trouble for affecting my grade, and copying my work.

Thats discusting. Some people will do anything though to get some good work. They were only jealous of you Nat.

Have you not got some sort of proof the work is yours, maybe a rough copy of it, or something like that?

The teacher should of realised that other students could have access to the work, and I think this should be brought up.

Go and talk to your teacher, politely, and tell her what you told us, that your marks were fantastic in the past, and that you would have no motive for cheating whatsoever.

Hope you sort it.

I'm sorry Natalya, that's deplorable. Who would do that?? I think you should most definitely talk to your teacher about this alone, and if they don't listen, go to some administrator and tell them. I also agree with Nik on the quiz idea, that might work.

Good luck

When it comes to something like this, don't give up and don't be silenced.
If your teacher doesn't listen, go to the administration.

Do whatever you need to do to make sure whats right is done, and don't give up.

I hope it works out for you.

i think a major portion is missing from the advice... you said that " in every tutorial, the teacher wuld take our work, save it on a network drive. She does this so she can monitor our work progress. "

well, then wouldnt that mean the back ups would literally back you up in terms of showing that the work handed in was yours? or was it so close to the beginning of the project that it really wouldnt provide proof of originality?

same thing happened to me when i was 6yrs old.. some dude copyied my work and got in the line for teacher before me

135791 said:
same thing happened to me when i was 6yrs old.. some dude copyied my work and got in the line for teacher before me
Are you serious?
I never had a problem like that when I was 6, but I do remember people copying from me alot in elementary school, because I was the 'smart kid'. I remember getting so mad about it to.. because I dislike when one person does all of the work and the others recieve credit for it as well.

Back
Top Bottom