why are these asians so mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of complaining about their cultural ways, why don't you read about their culture, and learn why they do these things?

mr.monger said:
yeah but dogs arent sacred... and besides, its our culture, indians DONt eat cows because its their culture. i think indians are weird because i love my steak!

Weird man you need to kepp your mouth shut. Im indian, think before you make a stupid comment like that

I'm chinese, and I've never eaten dog meat. o_O It's part of their culture. Some places eat horse meat, and here no one does. It could be the same thing around. If some guy from Asia asked why Caucasians were so mean and why they killed living mammals to eat, it would be the same thing. Of course, everyone eats pork or beef (depending where), but just because asians eat dogs, and here in the west we have them as pets, it doesn't mean asians are evil people who kill anything to eat. In France or some European country, they eat sheep brains and they have Escargot, which is essentially very flavorfully cooked snails (it's pretty good with lots of garlic and butter). Does that mean Europeans are mean and evil? No. It's culture, get used to it.

I don't mean to offend, but it's just that social taboo in America that we don't eat dogs, because most of us have them for pets and then we get attatched to them. So you have to think from other peoples perspective before you say that they deserve to be killed or something. To them, us Americans probably are insane for what we do to cows and pigs everyday in those slaughterhouses.

I used to keep chickens as a pet in my garden...

I have guinea pigs as a pet right now, but they are a delacacy in peru...

In some countires they eat horses. (e.g france!)

different cultures have different foods.

To call a culture mean for eating a certain way, is similiar to calling a religion mean for having certain beliefs.

I have a friend in Louisiania who eats squirrel.. (from what I heard, its a Southern thing). And here in New York, their cute little furry animals that run around.. we'd never imagine eating them.

For us, a dog is a pet, sure..
But, in their section of the world, life is different and they have a culture to live by, if they want to survive there that is.

To them, their doing nothing wrong so their not exactly mean.

Take a look at city life (america) and country living. In the city a city guy would never think of shooting a dog because it was sick. He'd take it to a vet. In the country if the dog was slightly old became sick, instead of spending the money he'd put the thing out its misery and shot the dog. Some people don't understand this. In indian the hindus LARGELY believe that a dog, a cow, or a chicken could be a relative or a loved one that got knocked downt he classes and eating that meat would imply that that they are eating its soul. So they don't consume anything meat for the most part. THere is some meat products I believe. In Africa they oftne time kill dogs and eat them. Its their culutre its that simple... Its not that they are mean they may look at it as somthing comptelely normal. I also knew a guy who had 3 cows as pets... I mean that seriously they were resuce cows from a frammer he raised them from young cows to dead cows when they died of old age... He'd never consider killing them.

Seti is thinking along the same lines as me I think, why oh why do members choose such sensitive subjects?, I've said this more than once, yes, of course there is such a thing as freedom of speech, but members know that the worst that can happen is that can happen here is that; [1] the thread could be closed, & [2] members flaming could be banned, but, they wouldn't be killed or wounded,, stand up in practically any public place in the world, apart from the "first world" countries, America [some states], & several others, unfortunately I can't include my own country these days, bloody riots have developed in sensitive areas here, because somebody spoke out of turn.
So think of this, as you sit before your computers in your usually centrally heated homes, decently dressed, usually well fed, you are safe, shooting your mouths off, by tapping a few keys, but, THINK ON!!

Hes basically saying to think about the advantages that we have being able to sit here and rant about whatever we'd like, without being mained or killed. In other parts of the world, people aren't so lucky..

Most of all, discussing such sensative issues is going to hurt someones feelings and cause a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom