Cant get my microphone configured?

josh3159

Baseband Member
my asus A8N- SLI Deluxe motherboard, I think came with a soundcard builtin. And anyways I plug my head/mic set in, and When I try to config it says please stop other audio applications before starting. And i cant figure out what is the other audio applications. I go into the task manager and there are know applications running. anyone help?

standard mic. I have restarted my comp many times. but still somthing is running, that i cant figure out. I am not sure if it came with drivers. Would they be on the CD that came with the mobo?

does anyone know what could be running in the background making the configuration to say that there is something running???

Right off hand, no. If you go into task manager, and see all the processes, and do a search on each, it may lead you to the audio program that is using the sound card. Many programs for recording and playing music use the sound card. What you have on your computer is anyones guess. Make sure the sound card is selected in Sound/Audio also (Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices, Audio. Also, make sure the MIC is not muted, as it usually is by default. The last option is not used for the error you are getting, it's for when you get the error to go away.:)

Back
Top Bottom