Drunk Driver And My Sons Car!!!

wozelbeak said:
Yep, Caught And Arrested.
He Fell Asleep In His Car About 1 Mile From The Accident.
The Car Is A Write Off.
So Is The Car Which Was In Front Of It.
The Third Car Is Touch And Go, But Most Likely A Write Off As Well.
There Were Kids Playing In The Street Only 20 Yards From The Accident!
Woz

he deserves to be locked up for that... he could easily have killed someone.

jeeze... three cars written off because of some moron drink driving. what time did this happen?

mark thorpe said:
he deserves to be locked up for that... he could easily have killed someone.

jeeze... three cars written off because of some moron drink driving. what time did this happen?
IT HAPPEMED AT ABOUT 1.45 PM.
WOZ

TRDCorolla said:
It should. The damage on that has got to be in the thousands, so he's covered up to a certain amount depending on his coverage. Then again, I don't know how England does these kind of stuff there. Here in the US, the car is covered, but some companies put a cap or a limit how much they will give you.
His car is a "P" registration, British insurance companies will only pay market value, & that car is at least 13 years old, so he'll get a few hundred at most, & that's only if he has comprehensive cover, a lot of young owners, only have 3rd party, fire & theft, in which he'll get zilch, worse still, he may have bought it on monthly payments.

ive got fully comp on mine, but ive got a huge excess (£400). the insurance companies really dont want to insure young drivers, they make it stupidly expensive (esp for guys)

Brookfield said:
His car is a "P" registration, British insurance companies will only pay market value, & that car is at least 13 years old, so he'll get a few hundred at most, & that's only if he has comprehensive cover, a lot of young owners, only have 3rd party, fire & theft, in which he'll get zilch, worse still, he may have bought it on monthly payments.

soory, but i dont know where you got your info from, but a P reg car is only 8/9 years old. and the payout will be for the current market value. the book price is only a guide.
wozelbeak.

Yeah, P isant really that old.

Dependant on which insurance company you are with, they will give you the value that the car is at. Our car insurance company find 10 of our cars for sale, find the average price, and give us that..(if we claimed of course)

Back
Top Bottom