printer sharing

Nope, all you have to do is right click the printer on the PC is plugged in to, and go to sharing. Set a name and stuff, then go to install a printer on the other PC and install it from a network, it should show you the printer and then you install it. If its in the same OS as the PC its connected to, it won't even need an install CD :D

Post back if you need more help! :D

i have print sharing enabled on my network too, and yes the computer that the printer is connected to needs to be on for the other computers to connect with it....i think you can get a special hardware device to go from printer to other computers directly..but not 100% sure.(i think its like a router..just different..i seen them used in schools.)

Yeah, you can get a print server, in my case it would be wireless, but that is another 100 bucks I don't need to spend. Just share the printer from the computer it's connected to, thats the easiest (and free) way of doing it.

Why not get a wired one. Its a little box, with a RJ45 output, and a Printer Port output. The printer port goes into your printer, then you just plug the ethernet cable in, configure the machines with the disc provided, then off you go.

We used to have one, but the printer broke! Nice Brother laser as well!

Edit> Found an example..

Sorry if you already knew about these, im quite tired and cant read the posts very well! But there real easy to set up..

Print Servers are the key if you don't want that PC that is physically connected to the printer on. They hook up to the back of the printer and has a wireless control in most cases. It's pretty neat. Either that or your printer is a special network printer, then you can just connect that to your router or switch.

Back
Top Bottom