CPU cooling

The thermalright XP-90 and XP-120 are very good heatsinks. (Just make sure you get a fan with it as they dont come with them)

Hmm, after looking around a bit I see there are both an XP120 and an SI120, SI being newer

For the SI's description it says this:
AMD: Athlon64 FX 3200+ (socket 939/940) /Athlon64 3200+ (socket 754) and above

So, for Athlon 64 3200+'s and above it will work, but it says for s754

After reading that, do I need the XP version?

I think the main difference between the two is that the SI one is raised up so it dosent have as many of the clearence issues the XP did. With the XP a lot of time it would hit capacitors on the motherboard. I think the SI also performs better so thats the one I would go with.

I've learned the SI works for only Socket754 AMD's, to keep it short. The XP is for me. Now it's between the XP120 and the Scythe Ninja, which alot say is the best heatsink out there currently..

Well I found this on their website
thermalright.com said:
Compatibility across multiple platforms (socket 478/754/939/940)

It dosent really matter which one you go for though. The xp 120, si 120 and the scythe are all very good. I would just read some reviews of them and see if there is anything about them that you like/dislike

Well I just ordered a Thermaltake Big Typhoon today. I will let you know how that does. I have read that it cools just as good if not better then the xp 120

Back
Top Bottom