Computer lagging after thunderstorm

seank

Beta member
I left my computer on overnight last night, and apperently there was a thunderstorm. The next day, i started up the computer and everything was laggy. The games on my computer worked as if i had dial up, and so did my internet. everything still worked, but just twice as slowly. I turned on Counter Strike and my ping was jumping up as high as 800 or so, whereas normally it usually stayed under 100. I turned my computer off for a couple of hours and when i came back i still had the same problems. Anyone got any advice on how to fix the problem?

its not good to have computers and some electrial devices on during that kinda wether...i use to have the same problem as you...it ran slow...becuase it was on..and then power flickered..and the pc rebooted..and then everything ran slow...i found out my motherboard and power supply had to be replaced from a dell tech, and it solved the problem...not sure if thats your problem..there could be a bunch of possibilities...good luck to getting your computer running.

is it just the internet that is the prob or r the graphics laggin wen ya not online gamin?

i have the same internet as him but mine is fine. i know him and i didnt know what was wrong so i told him to make a thread here.

ill get him to run 3dmark to see if its just his net

Yeah maybe a phone line got messed up or something causing it to lag?

Dev0115 said:
Yeah maybe a phone line got messed up or something causing it to lag?

yeah thats most likely it. 1st I was thinking about the psu, it would cause problems but it has no effect in ping, so there most likely is something wrong with the phone line, or the router/whatever u are using might be broken.

ok, heres the deal: he ran 3dmark, and got about the same score as last time, but he says that while he was running it it was going really slowly and laggy. also, he said it didnt look as good as it did the first time.

Corrupted data blocks on your hard drive. You just flat out need a new hard drive. Thunderstorm probably gave your computer a powersurge. Happened to my computer once. It blew!

i dont think anythings corrupted, or some stuff wouldnt work. and the things that arent corrupted would not be affected.

Back
Top Bottom