computer freezing

mykul

Baseband Member
wells i dont know whats going on .. wen i get to the windows XP loading screen .. it jsut freezes ..then i reset..and keep resetting until it stop freezes and gets to the log in screen.. and sometimse wen i get there..it freezes too .. and also..wen im using the comp..like finally.. it freezes .. then i have to keep resetting.. wells yes..get me..its a real piss off !...

Intel pentium 3 950MHz
ATI Raedon 9200
512 RAM
Removable Harddisk
12GB HD ( i know its small )

?????????// dunno nothing bout comps so HELP

Try booting into safe mode (tap F8 during bootup- keep tapping until you get to choose safe mode. If you are able to get into safe mode, without it freezing up, then your issue is going to be software related. You can try system restore, back to a date when the computer was working fine. Also try to remember any new software/hardware you may have added before this started. Post back and let us know if you are able to get into safe mode fine.

Before setting it back with system restore, do a virus scan as well as adware and spyware. Setting it back with a virus in there will cause more problems.

i like the virus and adware scan. i had something similar to this happen to me, i think i restored a backup or i just reinstalled.

wells ive done a virus and adware scan..comp still freezes..and..it still froze while in safe mode..??.. so..whts wrong.. and system restore wont help..cuz my checkpoint isnt b4 where this started happening..any other suggestions..and whats repair installation

a repair option is booting with xp cd and selecting the repair option(without erasing your data)..now don't be fooled cause there's too repair options..(don't use the recovery..)..i think it just pressing enter to setup xp..and then f8 to eula..then recovery option... if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me. hope this helps you out. good luck on getting it fixed.

well if you cannot get into safe mode without it freezing then something bad has happened and because you do not have the windows xp cd, theres not a lot you can do..... unless you have another os cd like windows 98 in which case you would have to format the computer and then install that to keep you going.

reformat would probably solve it.
But before u reformat check the temperatures, maybe the cpu is overheating.

Back
Top Bottom