Homemade Fragbox... almost.

damn that is nice... makes me so jealous...

though the video card seems to be a little overkill IMO... but hey that is my opinion...

On first site:

Change the motherboard, it is meant for SFF cases, and is a very low end part - it even has onboard graphics. I recommend the Asus A8N-SLI Premium to go with the other parts.

Do you really need a 7900GTX? It would save you money if you went for a 7900GT (make sure its that, and not a 7600GT or a 7800 series card), and you'd only find a small drop in performance.

For the heatsink fan, I would recommend the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, or the Gigabyte G-Power Pro over that one any day. BTW, make sure your super confident, because when you fit the 3rd party cooler you void the warranty. Although, it is pretty much impossible for the supplier to tell that you have been using a 3rd party cooler, unless you crush the core or something which is near impossible.

What about a monitor, keyboard, speakers and a mouse?#

Ah, I now see you are buying a MicroATX case. OK, I would recommend against it, or downgrade. The cooling won't be very good, and you'll struggle to get the 7900GTX in - I very much doubt it will fit, as it is very long and takes up 2 slots. I would recommend getting a normal case, such as the Akasa Eclipse or the Silverstone Temjin 5.

To build a Media Center PC, you should be looking at a Pentium M, which not only would give you excellent performance but is extremely fast at gaming too. In fact, I would recommend one of the new Core Duos, which would do you perfectly.

Yeah... isn't the mobo you suggested for full tower/midtower?

Yeah, the card really isn't needed. This is just experimental configuration (I don't think I will actually buy it).

For the heatsink fan, I'm still sticking with this one, as it got a Maximum PC kickass 10 and is cooler (temp wise) than the Arctic.

I already have the extra peripherals.

The whole point of this project, so to speak, is to make a homemade frag box. Not a normally sized PC, not a media center PC.

Thanks for your feedback, by the way, very useful.

For convenience sake... take this example. You want to make a duplicate of disk. Instead of getting an image of the disk, then burning that image to a blank, you can just insert the original and the blank and burn.

Lol, prolly a noob q, but I never heard anyone use frag box b4. What do you mean by it??...Your build looks pretty sweet, did you ever consider the fx-60 or sli-ing? Ah, guess your going for the lower price. The X2 4800+ does not look to dissapoint. Wish ya luck with your build.

uhh the mobo is fine, its actually very new beacause its the 6150 chipset. he cannot get sli because that case only supports mATX. that pc would be awesome for a lan since it is quite small. but it would weigh alot to be honest. the hard drives are overkill, and you really dont need the sound card if you want a portable pc. also, where is the shiny lighting? you need some ccfls in there foo!

the gfx card is awesome, just make sure its not too long or it may not fit.

Back
Top Bottom