Hi dudes, I'm new (and got a slight problem)

panholio

Beta member
Now then,

I have a PC running windows XP pro with an Athlon 1200MHz processer. I recently had total meltdown with a corrupt boot file on the hard drive.

I've bought a new one (Baracuda sommat or other 40Gb Jobbie) and I'm using that as the master disk. I have the old disk, now reformated as a slave for extra storage (20Gb samsung jobbie).

I've reinstalled XP and everything is running fine. I have a new Keysonic optical USB mouse run through a PS2 converter (I know I need to get a USB hub!! :eek: )

Anyway problem is things seem to ocasionally get stuck/stop, usually the mouse pointer or when using the wheel to scroll up and down and then I get a beep from the tower and it carries on normally. Dunno if its anything serious or something that can be sorted out.

Sometimes when writing text as well I seem to outrun the computer. Is this my processer letting me down :rolleyes: or is it something fixable in some sort of settings?

Apologies for being a complete numpty when it comes to computers!!!! :confused:

I have 1 Gig of RAM if that helps.

Cheers!!

Welcome to CF!

Try and reinstall the drivers for your motherboard, or try a different keyboard and mouse.

I think that might do it.

I have had bad luck with USB devices connecting via PS/2... try using a different mouse and keyboard maybe.

Back
Top Bottom