File Recovery?

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Ok I have a game I really want to play I lent my freinds discs and had sims 2 on my computer. but I accidently formatted my pc, I have installed linux on it sinse and formatted it again to a clean usable hard drive I wanted to know what software could I try to recover the sims 2 all the way back then, I have tried other recovery tools such as "Recover my files" and they Just arn't picking up the file and half of my songs I had are missing like they will play like 23 seconds of some songs it's weird.

Can anyone suggest any good recovery tools that may recover my sims 2 folder, thank you :D

Even if you could find the files, you would be hard pressed to get a game working from its files alone. It is probably not worth the effort for something that is unlikely to work. It is a good system for files that are only files. But a game can include Registry files and all manner of system variables that it will need to run. You would have to get every file from the Hard Drive and literally stick them all back in the same place. It would be a good job for a paper on Hard Drive Recovery, but its not worth it for a game :p

probally not. b/c the sims probally wrote to the registery, and will not operate even if you could recover the files... unless there is a way to recover the registery.

No no no, I stuck the setup files on my hard drive it wasn't installed, that's why I think it shouldn't be too hard to restore it

Back
Top Bottom