Opteron's vs X2's

EricM

Daemon Poster
What exactly is the difference between the two rather than the two different cores used? I was thinking about getting the X2 4400+ but i have read many peoples suggesitons that have said to get an opteron 165 and just over clock it. Or even a X2 3800... so what would you do?

The 156 is an Athlon 3500+ or 3700+ with a differnce core name. Still the same core.

Well, you need to realize the opterons are server processors. And that the X2's are dual cores, and then think to yourself..

Do you really need all that power.

Myself, I would get an X2 over an opteron. Simply because im not too familiar with the opterons.

ArrizX said:
The 156 is an Athlon 3500+ or 3700+ with a differnce core name. Still the same core.

Well, you need to realize the opterons are server processors. And that the X2's are dual cores, and then think to yourself..

Do you really need all that power.

Myself, I would get an X2 over an opteron. Simply because im not too familiar with the opterons.

That is completely wrong.

Though the Opteron and X2s do share the same cores, the Opterons typically have a larger L2 cache and have been tested more harshly than the X2 counterparts. Opterons also overclock better.

Well I am aware that the opteron is a server cpu but i have heard they overclock better.. the x2 4400 though has 1mbx2 l2 cache so does that mean it has 2mb total? and the opterons are dual core correct..? the 165 has 2mb l2 cache and is 1.8 ghz..

Quinton McLeod said:

That is completely wrong.

Though the Opteron and X2s do share the same cores, the Opterons typically have a larger L2 cache and have been tested more harshly than the X2 counterparts. Opterons also overclock better.

Dude, why are you so blunt to everyone. Sure, point it out if it is wrong, but I don't think you need to be that blunt. I can understand to the point but sheesh.

"That is completely wrong."

I think you should step up the courtesy.

Although, I do understand that you are trying to help. And thats cool. :)

ArrizX said:
Dude, why are you so blunt to everyone. Sure, point it out if it is wrong, but I don't think you need to be that blunt. I can understand to the point but sheesh.

"That is completely wrong."

I think you should step up the courtesy.

Although, I do understand that you are trying to help. And thats cool. :)

Well, it is completely wrong :/
How else should I have worded it?

Quinton McLeod said:

Well, it is completely wrong :/
How else should I have worded it?

Well im sorry, if I thought it sounded a bit rude. Oh well. Think nothing of it.

uh soo back on topic... i did a bit of research on it and i am very confused...

Back
Top Bottom