Why do we have to reset routers?

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
It seams like whenever we have a problem with our internet, we just reset the router and it corrects the problem... why do we have to reset the router?

Resetting your router is like reformatting your computer to default settings.
With default settings, your hardware should work fine unless something more serious is wrong.

Resetting your router is a simple fix to repair anything that may have been changed / corrupted down the line and also renews your IP address with your ISP.

I rarely have to reset my router. But i have VoIP, so whenever the phone doesn't work or the internet, i reset it. It does solve my problem most of the time. I wish there was another way though.

I always have to reset my router, it is such bull.... It crashes all the time.

By resetting it do you mean just unplugging it and plugging it back in or do you mean actually pushing the little reset button on the back and having to set it up again?. I've never had to do either with my wireless router....Linksys WRT54G

As others have said... You can do a hard reset which is like reloading windows, or a soft reset which is like restarting your machine. Routers are just little computers, some even run linux and are possible to console into ;)

The_Other_One said:
As others have said... You can do a hard reset which is like reloading windows, or a soft reset which is like restarting your machine. Routers are just little computers, some even run linux and are possible to console into ;)
can i hack into my wrt64g?

Back
Top Bottom