GUIDE: iPod diagnostic mode.

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
Having a problem with your iPod (that has a click wheel-nano,mini,video,picture,etc. ) that you can't figure out? Try this guide.

QUICK DISCLAIMER:I am not responsible for mis-use, unauthorised access, loss of data, or financial losses that occur due to your use of this operation. Though this is highly unlikely.

I will tell you how to go into the secret ipod diagnostic mode, without having to update firmware or modify anything...

First, when you are listening to music, watching a video, or just at the menu, press and hold the select button (the center button) and the menu button, until it shuts off.
ipod006.jpg

Second, as soon as the Apple logo comes up...
press "Previous and the Center Select Button" until a new menu comes up.
ipod011.jpg

When this menu comes up...
Press "Previous" which will run an auto test, which you still need to monitor, becuase there are certain tests that require you to interact.
ipod.JPG

The rest of the menus are self explanatory... if at anytime you are lost or confused press and hold the "Menu button" and the "Center Select Button" this will reboot the ipod, and take you to the main menu, where you select your music.

i have a 5g and i did this about 4 months ago and i did all the test, accept the 'accessorize' test cause it wouldn't do it for some reason. to cancel a test, reset the ipod. and i did the ram full test which took 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom