iPod problems

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
Should I send my iPod back on warranty? When playing songs (especially when not using the Apple iPod earphones), my iPod pauses alot when in my pocket.

I'm not entirely sure but I think there is a bit of a loose connection, and so when my iPod moves in my pocket it pauses, thinkink there are no earphones connected.

Stupid question, but are you locking the keypad to ensure it isn't just having a button pressed to pause it?

It might be the headphones to.. who knows.

If its still not working, return it.

Yes I've locked the keypad... It does it with a pair of Digitor headphones and also just a 3.5mm -> 3.5mm cable... My friends says his does it too but it's incredibly annmoying. At one stage it paused 5 times in 15 seconds.

Bahawolf said:
Try the diagnostic boot for iPods mentioned at this thread:
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=35405

I ran the headphone test with both the iPod and problem headphones. I swivelled them in the socket while the test was running. With the iPod earphones the test showed no problems, with the problem headphones, the test failed in certain sections of swivel. This also happened with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

Go to an apple retail store and let them check it out. Even if they cant fix it or cant replace it because they say "it should be working" and all that bs, take it anyway. Let them test it. Hopefully, they will replace it or fix it. If not, its ok. If it messes up even more or fails, even after the warrenty ends, take it back to apple. They will replace it since they checked it out and all. I had an ipod that freezed a lot, the screen and didn't do anything till i reset it. B4 my warrenty, i took it in and they test it and didn't find any problems. After my warrenty, my ipod died and they replaced since they didn't find the problem then. So take it in and see.

Back
Top Bottom