Video Quality

xguynameddavex

In Runtime
Ok, heres my problem:

I make movies with buddies just for fun, i try to put these movies on a collection dvd, and it works, i do get the movies onto the dvd, but no were near the quality that i would like, i try adjusting all of the properties in capturing, finalizing, and burning, but nothing seems to increase the quality.

I use a DV camera and firewire, so its not a problem of lack of quality going in.

If someone who does video editing and knows how to get the best picture that will look good on a bigger TV, or even a Movie Theatre size screen, could you please post a screen shot of your settings in either, Ulead, Premier, Or movie maker? i would be most oblidged.

Or even just post the settings so i can adjust mine accordingly. I Appreciate your help in advance :)

Dave

you are going to lose some quality in the file conversion process going from the dv tape onto the computer, then into mpeg-2 format to burn the file to dvd. it's not going to look as good as viewing straight off of the dv tape.

Capture raw DV with no other compression while recording(which is how it usally works) then be sure to burn at the highest quality avaliable. I think for a DVD, it's 12Mbps. You will loose some quality, but it shouldn't be all that noticable.

Another thing that can make a HUGE difference. When you render the video to MPEG2, be sure the render quality is at the highest. It takes longer, but if you set it to fast, you'll get lots of artifacts and compression blocks.

yeah i know about that, but why is it that my buddy can use the same camera as me, use ulead, and come out with a project that is able to have excellent quality on a Theatre Screen? im just looking for the settings that are needed in ulead or the capturing process. I know i will lost quality, and i know im not gonna see what i see on the lcd straight from the camera, doy :) but i know its possible to get good quality movies with the products that im using

The only thing I can think of, again, is the compression settings and quality.

Hehe, I don't think this would matter, but my camera has a wide-screen mode. I've never really tried it because I don't have anything that's truly wide screen, or do I think it'd have better quality...but it might look better on a 16x9 TV...

btw thank you guys for your help, but im just looking for specific settings from someone who has ulead or movie maker or adobe premier and knows exactly what to set the settings to to get the best possible quality out of the video. I hate to be picky, but ive had this problem before and the answers i would get would be too general, and i wouldnt be able to get the settings just right.

nero recon, i use the dvd maker, is there a different program i should be using to decrease that actually pc to dvd quality loss?

Back
Top Bottom