3. 2G Corsair XMS
4. Asus A8NE
5. 160 G Seagate HD
6. Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum
7. eVGA 6800GS Video Card
8. Viewsonic VP930b LCD Monitor
9. Sony DRU820A DVD R
10. Logitech Media Keyboard Elite and Optical Mouse

Creative Sound Blaster included a CD Rom with demos of “Battlefield 2” and “F.E.A.R”. I will get the full version of these games but I would like some advice first. It feels very awkward playing them with the keyboard and mouse. In a fit of panic I've blasted my own troops in BF2 and I was the Medic!. Playing F.E.A.R. I ran out of ammo and got eaten by Fettle. Would a game controller or joystick be better? If you play these games could you give me some advice.
Thanks,
TomK

A joystick or controller might help..
I find a joystick to be very useful when flying, in any game.

But, the key to getting past things like that is getting better at the game.. not so much new hardware.

it's up to you whether or not you want to learn how to play these games with a keyboard and mouse or not. All it takes is a bit of practice and you'll be as good as anyone who uses a joystick or game controller. Just for Battlefield 2, flying the jets is a lot nicer if you've got a joystick. I personally like using my keyboard because I find pulling out a joystick or game controller is just a hassle to get set up so i dont bother. It's all personal preference in the end however.

i have never used a joystick and i havent had any problems... it just might take some getting used to

After you play FPS with a mouce and keyboard you will not wanna go back to a controller for FPS, it is WAY easier to aim and such. But for other games NFS-MW and such a did not like using the keyboard so I bought a controller.

But the Mouce and Keyboard is the way to go for First Person Shooters!

Yeah, I think its better to stick with keyboard and mouse for first person shooters. I only use a controller for racing games. When I played Halo, on the comp with the controller I didnt like having one joystick for movement and one for direction. It was better with the mouse and keyboard, for me anyway. It pretty much depends on what you feel more comfortable with.

Personal Preference is the call here, I use a joystick for planes and choppers mouse and keyboard for everything else.

For FPS games, a joystick is a definite no-no. Just play a lot and you'll improve - don't worry, I've killed many people accidently on CounterStrike Source!

Big thanks to all who gave me advice. I've gotten much better with the mouse and keyboard. I've taken my lumps but I've also wiped out my share of bad guys, tanks and armored vehicles. Hee Hee
TomK

Back
Top Bottom