Car Thread!

Re: Gallery: Your Car

MooseMan said:
really the whol thing about having a loud sound system i think is completly stupid. first it rattles ur car like hell, and also it blows your ears out, i mean do u really have 2 have some 1000 watts 2 hear your music in a car? i think it's just stupid, plus if u want performance having big subs will weigh down the car alot. i just prefer to have maybe 1 sub thats not going 2 loosen the bolts on my car

I agree. Look at Bose. It power was the thing, guess who'll lose? Unless you need it for a huge theater, you don't need that sort of system. Really, are you going to turn it up full blast?

MooseMan said:
really the whol thing about having a loud sound system i think is completly stupid. first it rattles ur car like hell, and also it blows your ears out, i mean do u really have 2 have some 1000 watts 2 hear your music in a car? i think it's just stupid, plus if u want performance having big subs will weigh down the car alot. i just prefer to have maybe 1 sub thats not going 2 loosen the bolts on my car
I agree with you i rathe spend more money on performance or looks, cause you will never hear at that volume, 1. cause it will hurt, 2. you'll get a ticket, plus in the long term having a thumping sound sistem it damages your car, makes parts get shaky, loosen some bolts.

Of course you dont need it. I live in a tourist town, and it is absolutly awesome to have the top of your car, with the bass blasting, and its awesome to see the looks that you get, when driving. Its just.. fun. But, your right you dont need it, myself wont be getting a big system. Just a 400watt one will do me fine. Ill be putting it in my car, and it shouldny rattle, and if it does, ill take it down half.

I rather spend on performance and exterior than on a high end sound system.

Its kinda pointless not that i wouldnt spend a new set a speakers a amp and stuff, but buying multiple amps more speakers not my thing

I agree, i would also rather spend cash on engine upgrades and such to make the car go faster. But then again it still depends on the vehicle cause some just arent worth trying to make go faster. And as far as spending a lot to make vehicle just look nice is also kind of pointless if it runs like crap.

It's better to get a fast car to start. I'm tired of fixing up regular cars. Sometime, the motor takes a beating if it's not properly reinforced when running a turbo kit or supercharger. That's a whole lot of money you have to pump into your car. I rather just get an Evo or an STI, but they cost too much.

That is why it's better to get a car that is already fast to start with. The 06 Honda Civic Si is a nice start which doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It's got a high reving motor which may not fair well with a turbo kit, unless again, reinforcement is done to prevent blowing a gasket :(

Still, for $20,000, the Civic Si has 200HP of raw power, naturally without FI. The RSX Type S is another good one, but too damn small and cost way too much for it's model.

Distortion88 said:
I agree, i would also rather spend cash on engine upgrades and such to make the car go faster. But then again it still depends on the vehicle cause some just arent worth trying to make go faster. And as far as spending a lot to make vehicle just look nice is also kind of pointless if it runs like crap.

Dude, if you get caught going to fast, your car get impounded, you loose your license, or, your insurance goes up really high. So why not have a standard car, that has a very, very nice sound system, that you can listen to with out limits.

I can say that there is always a need for speed. Trust me, once you start driving, you'll see what I mean. We could always use the power when we need it. Passing power when traveling on the freeways, going up steep roads, and just plain showing off. I got a speeding ticket just a few months ago, but I don't regret it. More and more motorist drive faster and faster. My car's been impounded before, but I got it out.

I won't be surprised if the government formed a conspiracy by increasing freeway speed limit to 80mph. Why? So our cars use more gas, forcing us to by more gasoline. With the high price of gas as of this moment, it is an appealing thought to them. Plus, if you do race someone at the California Speedway, I like to have the fastest car there or one of the faster ones. We have races all the time at the raceway where we pay $15 to get in and participate in drag racing, drifting, getting time slips, etc. It's a guy thing.

Thats true. But my car as more then enough power stock. Its a benz, so its just flat out power. Thats why im going for the sound system :D

I want that new 06 BMW 330xi, but it's freaking $45,000!!! I need a high paying full time job to get that. I drool over the specs, but I am dissapointed in the HP production though. 255HP isn't that much for a car like that. The Lexus IS350 is the same size and class as that BMW, but has 305HP!!!! The cost is a little cheaper too, but pretty close to the same cost depending on the features.

Back
Top Bottom