Apple + Microsoft = :)

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
It is official. Apple will be compatible with Windows XP. Here's what you need to do. You can only use either Mac OS or Windows XP and not both. Install Windows XP on your Intel Mac as usual with the install disc. You will need to download a piece of software called "boot camp" that initiates the full Windows XP install. Then when you boot the PC, er Mac, you have dual boot option of either Mac OS or XP. Neat huh?

This piece of news was on the front page of the Local section in the newspaper this morning.

Once XP is loaded and installed, you will have all the great benefits of a native Windows system on a Macintosh. Install Office, all the games, software, etc., etc., etc.

Yeah, Apple comment that it will increase stocks and sales. They will now officially compete with other PCs for consumers and for businesses finally. I may get a Mac myself. I love it. I'm not bias at all towards this move. Whatever is better, that's what I'm going to get and if a Mac can perform better than an IBM clone, then I'm all for Apple.

I dont have a clue about what Apple's doing. I know I certainlly have no desire to run Windows on a Macintosh. I mean, I thought the reason macs were "so good" was because the DIDN'T use windows -.- Stock seems to be going up with macs(to my suprise) but I have a feeling it'll come crashing down soon enough... I mean, why do people want a macintosh to run windows when you can get a PC? I just don't really understand this.

apple says that with its future os aka "leopard" windows will be a fully functional option as a dual boot os, so you wont need to use programs like boot camp.

im going to be forced to buy an apple because of art classes in college, and there is no better news than this, because at the end of the day no matter how crappy windows is, there is so much support and its cheaper.

Yeah, the next generation OS by Mac should be compatible. Now that Mac and Windows PC are finally in direct competition, I think we have to look at hardware capabilities now. Which PC is faster. That's what people will be looking at.

the problem is that apple has so much appeal to anybody who is a normal consumer and not a tech savvy person.

i am involved in the whole art and graphic design, and 3d stuff. and for this apple is the hands down industry standard. yet i just built two new PCs because apple is expensive, and takes forever to make upgrades to its technology.
the g5 has been there for years.

Back
Top Bottom