Is that right?

Hardware (if decent) does not have nearly as many problems as software does.
Software is modified more by the end user, (by software, I mean O/S) and so it can be modified to not work, much more often than hardware which most users don't modify.

geek_gal said:
I dont get it?

I heard that computer statistics, that 70% of computer errors and problems are from Software?

So that means 30% is from Hardware or something else?

Huh?
I dont get it?

I Would of thought hardware would be the main one, if its not compatable, and etc?

:confused:
G.G

90% of computer errors are "Operator Error" divide the rest up amongst hard/soft ware, probably around 2% hardware 8% software :)

Yeah the only problem with my computer is the loose nut between the chair and the keyboard.

Thanks to those who helped and answered :)

But…
Im still having trouble to think that its right, 70% for Software?
I still em to believe that its not true, still think hardware would be the main one.

Even with that being said about the hardware, sure you can switch hardware(like hard drives, mobo's etc) so its compatible and what have you, but still that takes working out to you no?
You don't always go and think “Okay so its a Software Problem” it takes working out. Put this error to this and this to this and so on..
Do you(any one) know what I mean by that?(if that/i makes sense at all)

@ Seti ~
Sure thats true, how as you put, manufacturing improves with hardware but wouldnt it be the same for Software too?
Sure good point about how(Software) its made(programed, writen?) but then again its kinda 50/50 with both, the same thing can happen with hardware, can be verry fauty, look at the mobo's, psu's, something is fried, and theres alot of saftey involed too there, so that would be(should be) in the statistics(?)

Also,
targeted to certain hardware.

What do you mean by that Seti? Sorry dont quite understand.

@ Bahawolf ~
I get you there, that's true also, but then as I was saying up ^ there(well roughly) you can still do work, damage and etc to hardware, like overclocking, and yeah but as you said if the hardare is decent..

@ Deathstar

By Operator Error, do you mean by the user/person? lol
If thats what it means?, then true also yet again =P

Good points everyone :)

See this is what i mean, its really a so-so, 50 50 way..
... i dunno *shrugs*

setishock said:
Yeah the only problem with my computer is the loose nut between the chair and the keyboard.

Lol, thats terrible if that were so you wouldnt be out in the public(which i assume you are) you would be with the men in white coats =P har ha!

BTW~
(I had to re read that one to get that you didnt mean the nuts and blots on ya chair -.- duh me)

something that is 2 add, usually when there is a problem with hardware it often just goes capoot and doesn't work, software can still run with bugs, although the same is true with hardware, but it's a matter of the kind of errors your getting, if your getting like graphics engine errors alot of the time it's software bugs, because if there was something wrong with the hardware, u wouldn't get any video. or that seems 2 be the case alot of times

Back
Top Bottom