Car Thread!

Re: Gallery: Your Car

The_Other_One said:
Jeep_PinStripe.jpg

Here's my Cherokee. Look pretty good for a 93, no?
Its nice man i buddy has a 91 liffted big off round wheels and a such a nice sound system , and it has a speaker like the cops

I thought about doing some work to my jeep...like a bumper guard, larger wheels, etc etc. However, it's been rearended twice, thus has a bent frame. It's been adjusted, but if you know anything about jeeps and the unibody, that's bad :-/ So, I'm just driving it until it dies. At least it looks good, and yes, the back has totally been repaired. It actually looks BETTER now ;P

I almost forgot... Here's the my TV stand, and you can see the sub there...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v22/theotherone/Compy/TV.jpg
That's actually not the exact same one I had. For a while, I had two(one in my room, one in my jeep) but they were identical. 10" 120watt if I recall... Sound weak? Well it'll rattle the basement from my room 2 stories up ;)

ArrizX said:
In the car electronics world, it just means louder :D

if you want louder, you buy more of them, not buy a bigger sub. There is a reason why car audio subs arent 20" in diameter.

ArrizX said:
What? The Visonik? Well thats dual 12s in it. Probably max out at like 800 watts. My friend has one of those. its got dual 14s, and he pushes 800 in it steady. Peak about 1250. All RMS watts.

EAW's up there are used in Waterworld. They are old, and have been exposed to water and fire. Imagine if water was sprayed on that thing five times a day, for 11 years. Now that's rugged. Thought I'll point that out, since we are talking about speakers. :D

800 Watts? I doubt it. It'll muffle all the satellites around the car.

http://www.lydsystemer.no/produkter/hoyttalersystemer/eaw/kf300z.htm
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...mages?q=+EAW+SB-250+s&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

Distortion88 said:
if you want louder, you buy more of them, not buy a bigger sub. There is a reason why car audio subs arent 20" in diameter.

Thats true too. But something 20'' would be too damn loud! Lol, i bet one 20'' that would handle 2000RMS watts would be pushing 160 decibles. (sp)

Bädgêr™ said:
800 Watts? I doubt it. It'll muffle all the satellites around the car.

His satellites are rated for 250RMS watts each. And he has 6 of them in the car. Putting in about 50RMS max watts. Trust me, the words are muffled, but, you can still hear it. But right now the top is on it. He is only putting about 600 into the bass. When it starts to get hotter, he will turn up the bass, and then, the bass will be alot louner, but, you will hear the satelites, because their still in the enclosed cab. Well other then the back two.

ArrizX said:
Thats true too. But something 20'' would be too damn loud! Lol, i bet one 20'' that would handle 2000RMS watts would be pushing 160 decibles. (sp)

The point was that when subs start getting bigger than 12" you lose a lot of the "tightness" of the bass. It's hard to explain the exact sound you get from it but rest assured it does not sound very good. A person would be better off with buying more subs that buying a larger one, especially when it comes to car audio.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But have you ever heard a visioik? They are very high quality. But I didnt even think of that. Your 100% right.

really the whol thing about having a loud sound system i think is completly stupid. first it rattles ur car like hell, and also it blows your ears out, i mean do u really have 2 have some 1000 watts 2 hear your music in a car? i think it's just stupid, plus if u want performance having big subs will weigh down the car alot. i just prefer to have maybe 1 sub thats not going 2 loosen the bolts on my car

Back
Top Bottom