Grammar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
xguynameddavex said:
You know how we have a section for tutorials on different things?

Well i think we need to have a tutorial on Grammar!

There are way too many people on here that make one giant run on sentence/paragraph, leaving me scrathcing my head at the end wondering the difference is between one sentance and another :confused: .

I dont know about you guys, but i went to school and learned that using comma's and periods is a good thing, it structures paragraphs and helps people determine the point your trying to get across, without them, getting your point across about a thread is very hard to accomplish.

Tell me what you guys think.

To be completely honest, I think this is a very stupid thread. You complain about the mistakes that other people have in their spelling and grammar, when you have several. I have been kind enough to boldface these errors in the above quote. Please cease your hypocritical tendencies. I do not have best spelling and grammar, but I also don't feel the need to make threads about how people on a computer forum need to improve their grammar. It's kind of lame.

Will said:
To be completely honest, I think this is a very stupid thread. You complain about the mistakes that other people have in their spelling and grammar, when you have several. I have been kind enough to boldface these errors in the above quote. Please cease your hypocritical tendencies. I do not have best spelling and grammar, but I also don't feel the need to make threads about how people on a computer forum need to improve their grammar. It's kind of lame.

lol Nice i didn't take the time to notice that. Maybe he was speaking for everyone, including himself!

I think you should just shut it, and realize not everyone is pefect. Infact, id check yours, but sense you made that post, im sure you made absolute sure you didnt mess anything up. But, he probably types fast like me. Actually like the rest of us here. Damn, just give him some slack ;)

Woah arrizx, what's the big deal? I think it is entirely just to at least expect that someone who is making a complaint and attacking all of us that he makes sure to follow his own doctrines. Is that so much to ask?

And if fast typing is the culprit then I think it is not out of line to assume that anyone here who makes grammatical errors is because of the same problem (well, not all). If that is what he believes then there is nothing to complain about.

I completely understand when people have typos. I am horrible for them. I just think that on forums slang, poor spelling and grammar, and 1337 speak (to a degree) is not expected, but is just a given.

All these "typos" don't bother me at all, but hypocrites do! LoL

Well, I mean I should be famous for all my typos. but tha thig iz that pplz dont tpe lik dis onn heer.

I mean, no one is that stupid. Lol, Well I hope not. But I think the point got changed around somewhere in here about how people can type, but not really how poeople do it.

Hell, If I know, i've totally lost my argument, sorry, lol :(

If every one would type and spell correctly then it would take the fun out of trying to figure out what they just said.

Re: Grammer!

UK31337 said:
Yeah, it's time people started to learn - grammar really isn't all that difficult.

If I see anybody else mixing up "your" and "you're"... there's no excuse, there really isn't. It's basic English, you wouldn't make that sort of mistake when you hand in coursework, so why make the same mistake here?

I tried to be polite, I said sorry for my mistakes, sorry is over if you don't like my grammer then deal with it! hmmm... what is your excuse for being so rude ??? my grammer is fine thank you, its my typing, I sometimes hit the wrong key and if that bothers you so much you have to much spare time, you probably have alot more experience than me. you do not have to be so rude I try to be polite as possible, it's not peoples grammer you should worry about its there rude ness like yours.

this thraed should (oooo I said thraed bet that makes you itch) should have been posted in comments and feedback, as it is a comment it is a issue that did not need to be addressed for it was not a issue.

will a MOD please close this thread
this thread seems to have been created to be one big fight we are computer forums not computer fighting.

P.S. thread Own3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom