Grammar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grammer!

even i sometimes find the 1337 talk to be a little overwhelming at times. I guess that means Im not 1337. LOL where did that originate anyways?

But since the topic is grammar, I speak my mind on that subject. This forum is casual internet talk. Although some grammar is essential for your writing to be readable it's not completely necessary to have every last period and comma placed correctly. Who cares. A run one sentences isn't that hard to make sense of. Sometimes things can let a little sketchy with people doing a lot of misspelling and really REALLY bad punctuation but for the most part it's not usually that bad IMO.

THANK YOU! I'm glad someone's finally addressing this problem! I know this type of crap is getting on my last nerve. I will just ignore posts if the grammar is horrific, as with many of the posts I've seen :mad:

Haha.

I think our grammar is fine. I excel in grammar, it just comes easy to me. But why would we need to talk all proper? It's a forum, we don't need any proper grammar.

The only thing that makes me a tiny bit mad is how everyone mispelles monitor! it has an O!!! lmao, it's ok, It just gets on my nerves. All my friends mispell it too, but who cares, right? Also, when someone says Your, as in "Your Computer", it's not "You're". "Your" is possesive. You're is a conjunction of "You Are"

OK, I got that off my chest. Sorry guys, it was bugging me. But hey, this is a Grammar thread, right?

Here is a little english lesson for you all.

Present Perfect Participles (have or has + past participle)

Past Perfect Participle (had + past participle)

Future Perfect Participle (will have or had have + past participle)

Hey, I just read the first post, lol!

Anyways.. Yeah, great idea. If someone were to make a tutorial on this, I just may sticky it..

Yeah, it's time people started to learn - grammar really isn't all that difficult.

If I see anybody else mixing up "your" and "you're"... there's no excuse, there really isn't. It's basic English, you wouldn't make that sort of mistake when you hand in coursework, so why make the same mistake here?

I concur with UK. same with they're, their, and there

they're- "they are"
their- their thing, possessive "their computer is better than yours"
there- "hey, look over there!"

Lol I screw those up all the time! Oh well, I can still make it look proper.

yeah, who really cares...people understand what you're saying anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom