AnxietyZone.com - Anxiety Disorders Forum

AnxietyZone

Beta member
Greetings...

Anxiety Zone is a non-profit, community-operated support group for people living with anxiety disorders such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Hypochondria, Panic Disorder, Depression, Phobias, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Chat with other members, play games or just browse around. The site also contains several extensive databases (ie; conditions, symptoms, medications, glossary, latest health news, etc).

http://www.anxietyzone.com

Come join us!

Wow, close to home o_O

I'll take a look thats for sure, thank you :) :eek:

P.S - Joe, as im going to note now, if you havent got anything worthwhile to add to a thread please dont. mkay thanx................................

I like the idea :D It has got to be the only non-governmental attempt at such a help site I have seen, and I have seen a lot of Forums. It looks like it does a lot of good. Both my sister and mother have these types of problems, I think, haha, can't admit to knowing too much about it.

Although, because that's what we're here for, I can't admit to liking your design, or your Forum System. It is very W3C (referring to the site not the set of 'standards'), there have got to be better designs for a site for anxious people. I'm not anxious and that design would put me off looking too much further, it is not very inviting.

But that's only what I think, I'm into the calming light blue boxes effect rather than the old-school Internet effect. I do like the content though! Good luck with it.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I like the idea :D It has got to be the only non-governmental attempt at such a help site I have seen, and I have seen a lot of Forums. It looks like it does a lot of good. Both my sister and mother have these types of problems, I think, haha, can't admit to knowing too much about it.

Although, because that's what we're here for, I can't admit to liking your design, or your Forum System. It is very W3C (referring to the site not the set of 'standards'), there have got to be better designs for a site for anxious people. I'm not anxious and that design would put me off looking too much further, it is not very inviting.

But that's only what I think, I'm into the calming light blue boxes effect rather than the old-school Internet effect. I do like the content though! Good luck with it.

Yeah, alot of people suffer from it, unfortunatly..

I can't admit to liking your design, or your Forum System. It is very W3C (referring to the site not the set of 'standards'), there have got to be better designs for a site for anxious people. I'm not anxious and that design would put me off looking too much further, it is not very inviting.

But yeah ill agree totally with that, thats why i didnt join actually(and the reason im partly lazy :p but still..), it just doesnt make me jump up and wanna join, make's me want to look for other support forums..
But then again.. it shouldnt 'really' be from what the forum looks like, it should be the help and support and infomation :)

Sorry if any of that was a bit harsh tho :S..

I have ocd it dosen't affect me much but heh the only thing is that people with ocd have a extra anti body to fight off infections

Hackslayer said:
I have ocd it dosen't affect me much but heh the only thing is that people with ocd have a extra anti body to fight off infections

:eek: Really, so do i! I have a bit of OCD and 'others' etc etc
(meaning not to the extream OCD), but not as bad as some where you do it everyday seriously bad way..

Are you on meds for it?

that people with ocd have a extra anti body to fight off infections

And what you mean by that?

I didnt no that? :confused:

Are you sure?

(sorry to ask this, you dont by any means have to answer or anything, if you like, choose to ignore me, lol others do :) )

geek_gal said:
Yeah, alot of people suffer from it, unfortunatly..

But yeah ill agree totally with that, thats why i didnt join actually(and the reason im partly lazy :p but still..), it just doesnt make me jump up and wanna join, make's me want to look for other support forums..
But then again.. it shouldnt 'really' be from what the forum looks like, it should be the help and support and infomation :)

Sorry if any of that was a bit harsh tho :S..
Well you know what they say, we work out whether we like the site in the first second of seeing it, before any kind of reasoning about the content or about the creators comes into view :p Very odd really, but it seems to be true.

I've gotten my social anxiety mostly under control, so I probably won't be visiting the site. But it is nice to see such sites. I wish I'd done more about this a while back...like pre-highschool! My life would be so much different now...probably better -.-

Back
Top Bottom