Bandwidth...

chris_knows

Banned
Hey everyone, I'm new here, and hope to stick around. I came for a certain reason though...Am I addicted to torrents or is my ISP a POS?

I just received an e-mail from them saying that there has been a high rate of data transfer on my IP address...I checked on their website, and I'm allowed 25 gigabytes/month. Is that too little? Is it a good idea to change my service providers? For $50 a month I was expecting AT LEAST 50 gigs...

im paying $44 canadian for 50 gigs of bandwidth lol. and it doesnt mean u went over 25 gigs, it just means that there has been alot of data going through ur line

john123 said:
im paying $44 canadian for 50 gigs of bandwidth lol. and it doesnt mean u went over 25 gigs, it just means that there has been alot of data going through ur line
Who's your provider? I'm with Cogeco, and I might switch...I actually did both (went over 25gigs AND downloaded at a high speed)...But I've set it to download at 15kb/s maximum, and no complaints yet.

i use rogers high speed express, but im gunna upgrade to rogers high speed extreme for 2 dollars more.

and you think your situation is bad? i got a warning that i downloaded copyright content, but i just did it because i wanted to see if it was worth buying :D i ended up buying the program anyway

25Gigs a month seems very good for $50 a month.

The only way you'd get better I would have thought would be to get something like AOL who has unlimited bandwidth, but you'd have to sign in through AOL and have it on all the time in the background. Quite probably not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom