dotOmega

Just felt like showing off my Internet Prowess (I love that word almost as much as Suppleate, Insinuative, and Hyperbole) to anybody who might just be passing the way of the Wed Design Forum. Not that that happenes very much apparently.

dotOmega Design

We're designing a Forum System, we have some guys on the PHP, we have me on the HTML and JavaScript, this is what I have by the way of JavaScript. I did a ComputerForums one too, just for poops and funzies, to show that the design works outside the Microsoft-style light blue themes and can work for any site with its own particular style.

Obviously its still work in progress, the scroll bar only scrolls pixel to pixel rather than by percentage dependant on the length of the page its scrolling, I'm fixing that, the Dialog Box does not change according to what you define and it doesn't close or minimize, I'm working on that. The main page does not scroll because I'm still getting the Scroll working. There is no content in the main page besides Style Switchers because the main page will be JavaScripted in upon demand, hopefully allowing users to browse a dotOmega Forum completely refreshlessly (I like that word too). Just wondered what anybody thought about it :D

ah looking cool.. been a while since i seen everything. coming along nicely

There's not a Logo on the ComputerForums one because the area where the Logo is on the others is a Forum Logo space :p Not the software Logo space, there'll be a Powered by in the Footer though.

Haha, has been a long time coming! I got the scrollbar working, it now sets its height according to the page its scrolling, refreshes height as you change the page (its going to be a refreshless site) and scrolls all the way to the bottom of any content :D Took me three days to do that, haha. Not including the time it took to make the Dragging in the first place, which is a pillar of the scroller.

Any idea on other colour schemes I could try and show it can do? Or Themes entirely? Like... a good vBulletin site with a nice design I could try and emulate? The CSS is pretty damned flexible like that in it, would be nice to try toying with it.

You seen the tester of the PHP itself 135791? I think they've got the Post Counter working on the Forum Homepage :D

I think they go with the Deep Ocean theme anyway :D You should make some more! I LOVE them!

Except the attempt at a shadow. It looks nice on a picture, but it won't work in practice because of positioning with it and so on and so forth, will end up a mess.

Can you do them in all the theme colours, and with a highligh colour like if you were hovering over it? Would it be possible to bevel the edges without damaging the split between the two sections? That should make up for not having a shadow.

um...this uses html rollovers...not css but ok...I made the new thread one...took away the drop shadow and tried to bevel although not too sure what that means :)

didn't know if you wanted it to be darker on rollover or not but here goes nothin:

http://danlamanna.com/test.html

Lol, yeah that's what Bevel means :D I like that, it is Coolio Englasias! Idon't use CSS Hovering anyway, doesn't work well enough in all browsers, I use a basic JavaScript Hover Function and two CSS Classes.

Eitherway I like them :D Can you do them in a lighter blue, a green, a lighter green, a red, a pink, an blue outlined white one, and a green outlined white one :D

Back
Top Bottom