japans 50 Mbps internet

I wonder what the average upload speed is in Japan though, since your download would only be as fast as the hosts upload.

I feel your pain mikee286. It sais i connect at 42.5kbps but my internet is super slow, sometimes it takes like 5 minutes to load a page.

If i'm using MSN sometimes it will say couldn't deliver this message to all recipreants.

So i figure there's something wrong but all aliant tells me is spyware, but i run 3 different spyware scans. and the comp always comes back clean.

Haha, I'm still getting damned 2Mbps here :p They sell 8Meg for less than what I'm paying now, but I'm in a town of like... a thousand people. So we don't have our exhanged upgrades yet. Took long enough to get 2Meg.

You have to consider also the ages of our countries' technology in comparison to other countries', like Japan, and Australia to a certain extent in Natalya's case. US, UK, Germany, certain other European Countries including that whose people shall be referred to as, the Frogs all have had the technology since its inception. We have built up the technology throughout our infrastructures after we have developed most of our cityscapes. It takes a lot longer to upgrade those technologies than it does in countries like Japan, who have had to rebuild their cities well after the creation of most of these technologies, their cities are newer. Same with Sydney, its not really much newer, but it is growing faster.

We're also comparing City based speeds to country based speeds. 50Mbps will be only in towns and cities in Japan, 24Mbps Natalya said is in Sydney, obviously not throughout Australia. 2Mbps+ is covering the whole of the UK, everybody with a phoneline now can access that. Same I'm sure in the US probably with faster speeds, with an even more people, and in Europe, with more people again.

Ultimately its the price we pay for making our infrastructure perhaps a little too solid. Its good for upgrading huge areas, but slowly, and probably only to a certain degree.

Im using Comcast and on a good day get 1MB/s :D haah. But im using the 6mbps line. The thing i dislike about comcast is that its upstream rate sucks, its not as good as DSL, but thats okay.

there is a way you can uncap some cable modems and get like 50... it is possible, some guy got arrested for doing it, so the bottom line is you ISP cappes your modem because if everybody had 50, it would be so slow, because their would be no bandwidth

Back
Top Bottom