flash stick linux

None. Flash drives are too small and is not recommended to use Linux on them.

Yea linux is way to big to put on a flash drive plus I think that most of them you have to burn to a cd because they are .iso file types But dont quote me on that because im not sure :) and if you were to put linux on a flash drive you would have to have a big capacity one

It is possible to run linux on a pen drive, there is a good guide here on how to do it.

Its not about being too small, as if you think about it, a cd only holds between 600-70mb and there are a lot of usb pen drives which are bigger, also linux can be found smaller (Damn Small Linux DL here ) then that...The tutorial in the link below shows how to do it on a 512meg usb drive.

Hope thats useful, I haven't done this myself, but it is possible and if you do a search on google there is more guides and tutorials available

Installing Linux on a pen drive

you'll need a huge flash drive. i doubt you can do it, if you can, knoppix would probly be the one, or the easiest. but yeah, i thought you could only burn iso images to cd's...IMO i don't think it can b e done

...oh, and b1kesrule, you can't have images in your sigs...thats why it won't show up

joepic said:
you'll need a huge flash drive. i doubt you can do it, if you can, knoppix would probly be the one, or the easiest. but yeah, i thought you could only burn iso images to cd's...IMO i don't think it can b e done

...oh, and b1kesrule, you can't have images in your sigs...thats why it won't show up
A 512MB flash drive would hold the DSL distribution fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom